Why Should You Work With a REALTOR® ??
In the age of DIY and the Internet, why in the world would you need a REALTOR when you (think) you can easily sell your house by yourself? Looks and sounds easy enough, right? Ahhh, well, that’s the idea; we make it look easy because we deal with all the behind the scenes ‘stuff’ so that you don’t have to; we have knowledge, experience & expertise on how to handle the aspects of a sale and can take the stress out of it for you.
Here are 8 amazingly good reasons why to work with a REALTOR®…
1. You’ll have an expert to guide you through the process. Buying or selling a home usually requires disclosure forms and lots of paperwork. A knowledgeable expert will help you prepare the best deal.
2. Get objective information and opinions. REALTORS® can provide local community information on utilities, zoning, schools, and more. They’ll also be able to provide objective information about each property.
3. Find the best property out there. Sometimes the property you are seeking is available but not actively advertised in the market, and it will take some investigation by your REALTOR® to find all available properties.
4. Benefit from their negotiating experience. There are many negotiating factors, including but not limited to price, financing, terms, date of possession, and inclusion or exclusion of repairs, furnishings, or equipment. In addition, the purchase agreement should provide a period of time for you to complete appropriate inspections and investigations of the property before you are bound to complete the purchase. Your agent can advise you as to which investigations and inspections are recommended or required.
5. Property marketing power. Real estate doesn’t sell due to advertising alone. In fact, a large share of real estate sales comes as the result of a practitioner’s contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, and family. When a property is marketed with the help of a REALTOR®, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your REALTOR® will prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
6. Real estate has its own language. If you don’t know a CMA from a PUD, you can understand why it’s important to work with a professional who is immersed in the industry and knows the real estate language.
7. REALTORS® have done it before. Most people buy and sell only a few homes in a lifetime, usually with quite a few years in between each purchase. And even if you’ve done it before, laws and regulations change. REALTORS®, on the other hand, handle hundreds of real estate transactions over the course of their career. Having an expert on your side is critical.
8. Buying and selling is emotional. A home often symbolizes family, rest, and security — it’s not just four walls and a roof. Because of this, home selling (and buying) can be an emotional undertaking. Having a concerned, but objective, third party helps you stay focused on both the emotional and financial issues most important to you.
The term REALTOR® is a registered trademark that identifies a real estate professional who is a member of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION of REALTORS® and subscribes to its strict Code of Ethics.